1. SHAMPOO: Gently shampoo hair with a clarifying or chelating shampoo and
2. WRAP: Choose wrapping technique: water wrap for softer look, lotion wrap for
firm texture, and combination wrap for varying curl patterns and special effects.
Block hair into sections. Wrap smoothly with minimal tension.
a. Water Wrap - If hair dries, lightly mist with water.
b. Lotion Wrap – Apply waving lotion to one section at a time. If hair
becomes dry while wrapping, lightly moisten with waving lotion.
c. Combination Wrap – Section off area to be lotion wrapped and secure.
Step 1: wrap complete water-wrap section, following directions above.
Step 2: wrap complete lotion wrap section, following directions above.
3. APPLY WAVING LOTION: Place cotton around hairline and towel at the nape
of neck. Puncture tip of waving lotion with T-pin. Apply lotion, saturating each
rod thoroughly and evenly. Place plastic cap over all rods and secure.
4. RINSE : Rinse hair thoroughly for at least 5 minutes with warm water. Towel
blot each rod thoroughly. Finish off by using a paper towel to blot entire head.
5. NEUTRALIZE: Shake neutralizer. Puncture tip with T-pin. Thoroughly saturate
each rod. Save ½ oz. (15ml) for later use. Wait 5 minutes. Gently remove rods.
Work remaining neutralizer through hair for 1 minute.
6. RINSE: Rinse hair thoroughly for 3-5 minutes with cool water. Towel blot.
Wait 48 hours before shampooing or conditioning.